What do we do?
Our activity is developed in different contexts but always framed in Education, Participation and Communication for Sustainability. We may highlight the following work areas:
Environmental Education and Education for Sustainability
We have a lot of experience in this area, mainly with adults, to which we offer a series of tools that can help them better understand, transform or improve their environment. We have strong background on Educational Programs design, didactic and pedagogic resources design and courses/training programs.
Environmental Education Programs and Educational Resources
We have a strong background on designing, planning, managing and executing of Educational Programs and designing didactic materials both for formal and non-formal education. Some of the most recent projects have been:
- Coordination, design and execution of the “The Friendly City” program for formal local education system. This program was related to awareness and participation on sustainable mobility and to the recovery of safe public space for children. Customer was the Ministry of Development and Housing of the Government of Andalucía in collaboration with the Ministry of Education, 2013-2015
- Educational team of the “Neighborhoods in Transition” project. University of Seville in collaboration with the Ministry of Housing of the Junta de Andalucía, 2014-2015.
- Publication: “Between two equal and different continents”. Didactic Unit on the educational resources of the Intercontinental Mediterranean Biosphere Reserve. Agency of Environment and Water. Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Environment, Junta de Andalucía.
- Publication “Doñana en Perspectiva”. Didactic material to incorporate the Doñana National Park into the official primary education curriculum. Ministry of Environment. Junta de Andalucía.
Training for Sustainability
Since the beginning of our activity, we have accumulated a great deal of both public and private experience in training related to sustainability, participation or environmental education issues. In this way we have coordinated and/or participated in training programs of great impact on andalusian society as:
- Training program for environmental educators in Andalusia. Ministry of Environment of the Junta de Andalucía.
- Program of Formation of the Andalusian Institute of the Youth.
- Andalusian Program of Environmental Training of the Regional Government of Andalusia. PAFA. Ministry of Environment of the Regional Government of Andalusia.
- CENEAM Training Program (National Center for Environmental Education) linkd to the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment.
- Continuous training of the Tripartite Foundation. We are accredited as an organizing entity.
Social Environmental Participation and Volunteering
We have promoted, coordinated and facilitated numerous participation processes for sustainability among which we highlight:
- Technical Assistance for the Andarríos Environmental Volunteering Program related to citizens engagement on rivers conservation in Andalusia. It has involved hundreds of entities and thousands of volunteers. We have developed educational materials, designed and managed the volunteering program. Main tasks have been: coordination and communication with associated entities, reports compilation, meetings and seminars organization, etc. Ministry of Environment, Junta de Andalucía, 2006-2012; 2014-2015; 2016-2018.
- Advisory and execution of the neighborhood engagement plan in “Las Huertas” neighborhood within the project Aqua-Riba. Main goal of this project was to incorporate sustainable measures in the urban water cycle management for comprehensive rehabilitation plans. University of Seville in collaboration with the Ministry of Development and Housing of the Junta de Andalucía, 2013-2015.
- Volunteering Camps for the Conservation of the Iberian Lynx. Within the LIFE european Program “Conservation and Reintroduction of the Iberian Lynx in Andalusia 2006-2011”. Spanish Society for the Conservation and Study of Mammals (SECEM), 2007-2010.
We have undertaken a new line of self-managed work within the framework of ecotourism, carrying out nature routes that show the values of our biodiversity and also their threats to people all over the world.
- 2014-2017: Ecotono Birding Seville. Initiative that aims at the conservation of our ecosystems through the promotion and practice of quality tourism and the engagement with conservation projects. We take small groups on tour (english and spanish spoken) so that they know the best wild life sanctuaries of western Andalusia.
It seems fundamental to us to communicate and spread the ideas, values and proposals coming from strong sustainability and the social eco-justice framework. For this reason we elaborate and participate in numerous publications. We highlight some of them:
- Independent Self-managed newspaper EL TOPO covering eco-political and local social issues and news. 2013-Nowadays.
- Environmental Volunteer Magazine “En Acción“. Technical assistance. Andalucía Ministry of Environment. 2005-2013.
- “I get up every day, considerations on sustainability“. FAFFE Fundación Andaluza for Training and Employment. 2005.
- “Practical Guide to Environmental Volunteering: River Conservation“. Ministry of Environment. Junta de Andalucía. 2006.
- Documentary film “Re-Mujeres, six feminine visions to transform the world day by day“. Awarded documentary film project in the festival of Young filmmakers of Andalusia with the GEODA prize of Woman and Environment. 2005.
- Audiovisual “Fish in the desert“. Yes, in the desert. A group of enthusiastic naturalists pursue the fishes and other aquatic animals that live in the most arid area of Morocco. The troubles for surviving in such a hostile environment interwine with the difficulties to do science when the taste for pure knowledge is lost. Documentary in Spanish, with French and English subtitles. It collects the work of scientists from the EBD, CSIC sampling rivers in unusual places around the Moroccan Atlas. 2014-2016.